The Montgomery County Health Department is accepting applications for a full time Community Outreach Worker through Oct. 25.
General Duties include: This position serves under the direction of the Health Education Coordinator. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in outreach activities in service area.
- Promote the El Puente/The Bridge program to the population in the service area.
- Recruit clients to enroll in the El Puente/The Bridge program. Assess clients for all needs and develop a care plan to meet those needs.
- Provide necessary health education to clients presenting with chronic disease. Support clients in chronic disease self-management.
- Refer clients to needed services as identified. Maintain knowledge of community resources available in the service area.
- Work closely with project coordinator, other health department staff and community partners to ensure that barriers to care are eliminated.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy on all records for data submission needed for project evaluation purposes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with medical providers in the community willing to participate in the program.
- Participate in supervision with project coordinator to monitor project progress and collaborate on client care.
- Conduct home visitation and phone contact in an effort to keep clients engaged with the program until client goal completion.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: High School Diploma or GED and six (6) months experience in public health or in another position with the provision of social services, supportive services, personal care or related duties.
Starting Salary: $10.10-$12.41/hr negotiable with additional experience. Grade 10
Applications may be obtained at the Montgomery County Health Department, 117 Civic Center, Mount Sterling, KY 40353; phone 859-498-3808 or http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/lhdapp.htm.
Completed application and transcript must be returned by close of business 10/25/2017 to Montgomery County Health Department.
Resume will not substitute for completed application.
Employment for this position will be contingent on applicant passing a drug and alcohol screening test and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer